Explore Starbucks Cold Coffee Drinks
Where craft meets cold
For more than 40 years, Starbucks has been expertly roasting and brewing the finest hot coffee. In 1986, we introduced our Iced Coffee, and we’ve been innovating around cold coffee and espresso ever since.
Here’s a closer look at our classic iced coffee and espresso drinks, along with some new cold craft beverages.
• Iced Coffee is brewed double strength with filtered water just off the boil then combined with ice. As the ice melts, it dilutes the coffee to balance it perfectly.
• We serve our Iced Coffee slightly sweetened to showcase the light-bodied, refreshing taste of the coffee.
• Starbucks® Iced Coffee Blend features coffees from Latin America and East Africa, which bring out a crispness when chilled.
• Flavor Notes: Medium-bodied with hints of cola and caramel
Starbucks® Cold Brew
• While making our Cold Brew, the coffee never comes into contact with hot water. Instead, the coffee is steeped in cool water for 20 hours in a Toddy® brewer. Our Cold Brew is handcrafted in small batches each day in our stores.
• To create our signature recipe, our team spent months experimenting with different brew times and coffee varietals. We specifically developed Starbucks® Cold Brew to heighten the rich, naturally sweet flavor created during the cold brewing process. The blend incorporates African and Latin American coffees.
• Flavor Notes: Smooth, rich and naturally sweet with chocolate flavors and notes of citrus
Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew
• Our Starbucks® Cold Brew is topped with house-made vanilla sweet cream.
• When the vanilla sweet cream is added to the Cold Brew, the cream temporarily floats above the rich Cold Brew, before cascading down.
• Vanilla Sweet Cream Cold Brew is now available at participating Starbucks® stores nationwide.
• Flavor Notes: Smooth and sweet with a full-bodied finish
Nitro Cold Brew
• Nitro Cold Brew infuses nitrogen into our Starbucks® Cold Brew. The nitrogen creates a smooth and creamy sweetness you can taste and see.
• It’s deliciously cold right out of the tap, so we recommend enjoying this drink without ice. As with Starbucks® Cold Brew, it’s served unsweetened to highlight the flavor created during the cold brewing process.
• This summer, we plan to introduce Nitro Cold Brew in more than 500 stores in Seattle, Portland, San Francisco, Los Angeles, Chicago, New York and Boston.
• Flavor Notes: Velvety and rich with a creamy sweetness
• An Iced Americano combines shots of espresso with cold filtered water. It creates a wonderfully rich cup with depth and nuance.
• Flavor Notes: Bold and strong espresso-forward flavor
Starbucks Doubleshot® On Ice
• This drink is crafted with rich, full-bodied espresso that's been chilled and mellowed with a touch of milk and lightly sweetened.
• Flavor Notes: Robust, bold espresso, perfectly balanced with milk and a hint of sweetness
• A cool take on a classic espresso drink, the Iced Latte combines dark, rich shots of espresso and chilled milk. You also have the option to add a flavored syrup.
• Flavor Notes: Milk-forward flavor to balance rich espresso, naturally refreshing
Iced Caramel Macchiato
• An Iced Caramel Macchiato features sweetened, cold milk marked by rich, full-bodied espresso shots. It’s finished with a caramel crosshatch.
• Flavor Notes: Sweet and creamy layers with notes of vanilla and caramel
• The Iced Mocha brings together espresso, bittersweet mocha sauce and milk, served over ice. It’s topped with whipped cream.
• Flavor Notes: Rich with bittersweet, chocolatey notes